Why insuring your company vehicle is important

There are more than 600,000 commercial vehicles in New Zealand, meaning a lot of drivers are on the road every day driving for work purposes.

Statistics show that around 30% of all accidents involve drivers driving for work and a recent study by the Department of Labour found that on average one in four work vehicles was involved in some kind of accident each year.

Don’t risk coming off the road

Picture this. One of your employees is on a delivery run in the company van when they are rear-ended by a vehicle causing them to crash into the car in front of them. The accident takes the van out of circulation which impacts on your productivity.

What is Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance?

Designed to cover your employees should they end up in an accident, our fully tailored solutions cover what you need across all business vehicle classes, from cars, utes, and vans, to trucks, buses, and forklifts.

Your policy can be adjusted to insure each of your business vehicles individually with a combination of cover types and excess structures.

If you have a fleet of vehicles this insurance could be the best option for your business and includes extra benefits that will help your business stay on the road if you need to make a claim.

You can choose from three levels of cover:

  1. Comprehensive > cover for your vehicle if you or anyone else accidentally damages it
  2. Third Party, Fire & Theft > cover for your vehicle if it is damaged by fire, stolen, or you accidentally damage someone else’s property with your vehicle.
  3. Third Party > basic cover if you damage someone else’s property with your vehicle.

What does Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance cover?

We provide cover against a number of risks involved in owning and driving a business vehicle, such as:

  • Damage to property in an accident caused by your company vehicle
  • Damage to your business vehicle in an accident
  • Theft or vandalism of your company car
  • Your company vehicle being involved in an accident caused by another driver who does not have adequate car insurance coverage.

Additional cover options include:

  • ‘Agreed value cover’ if your business vehicles are stolen or damaged.
  • New vehicle options
  • If a company car is involved in an accident, with just one call we can take over from the crash scene and get your vehicle up and running again.
  • If your company vehicle is no longer roadworthy after an accident, cover for emergency accommodation and travel.
  • Cover for employees’ vehicles should they need to be used for business purposes.

Do I need Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance?

If your company operates a fleet or pool vehicle, you need Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance. It is one of several insurance types we believe your business definitely needs.

The loss of a single vehicle can seriously affect business efficiency. Our Commercial Motor insurance is designed to minimise disruption to your business.

How can we help?

At Wayne Grayson & Associates, we believe an informed insurance decision is the right one. Whether you’re after business or personal insurance, our expert brokers will ensure your insurance is the right fit for you.

We understand Vehicle Insurance and can provide the right level of cover for you, your business, and your fleet. Whether you need cover for a single vehicle or a larger fleet of vehicles, our dedicated commercial insurance team can find the right cover to keep you moving.

Contact one of our Auckland-based insurance brokers for advice on the best solution to suit you or your organisation.


Back to Blog