Insurance cover your business definitely needs

From the day a business starts operating, it is exposed to risk.

Fortunately, businesses have access to a wide range of insurance options to protect them against this risk. At Wayne Grayson, we take you through some of the insurance types that we believe your business can’t do without.

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Designed for professionals who provide a service to their clients, Professional Indemnity Insurance provides cover if you make a mistake: an act, error, omission or through conduct being misinterpreted.

Fuelled by environments of increased responsibility, it provides cover for an allegation, accusations of negligence, professional misconduct, or a breach of your duty of care.

Employer’s Liability Insurance

Employer’s Liability Insurance protects your business against claims made by employees for injury, illness, or damage to their personal property occurring in the workplace – that falls outside the scope of ACC. If you are found legally liable for an injury an employee has sustained, your policy can cover your legal defence and pay for the damages awarded, ensuring your business can continue under legal duress.

Statutory Liability Insurance

If you are a business operating in New Zealand, you need Statutory Liability Insurance. If you or your business unintentionally breaches an Act you could be legally and financially liable. We offer Statutory Liability Insurance that protects you, your business, and your employees against unintentional breaches of New Zealand law that result in prosecution.

Public Liability Insurance

Every business has its own unique issues – whatever the industry. Protecting you and your business, Public Liability Insurance covers any financial implications that could arise should you be found liable for the loss or damage to other people’s property.

There are many different events covered by Public Liability Insurance. If there is any chance you, or your business could manifest damage or injury, then you need cover. Avoid the potentially devastating consequences, take away the financial risk, and rest assured with Public Liability Insurance.

Commercial Motor Insurance

If your company operates a fleet or pool vehicle, you need Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance.

Designed to cover your employees should they end up in an accident, our fully-tailored solutions cover what you need across all business vehicle classes, from cars, utes, and vans, to trucks, buses, and forklifts. At the very least, businesses should insure against third-party injury, but comprehensive insurance will cover that vehicle in an accident as well.

Material Damage Insurance

Designed to help you manage your business during times of uncertainty, our Material Damage Insurance provides cover for your property and assets for any circumstance, occurrence or loss that could affect your business. Tailored to your organisation, it can help manage your business, covering loss of profits from material if you are burgled, subject to a fire, storm damage, or a natural disaster.

Business Interruption Insurance

Triggered by the insured property damage, Business Interruption will ensure your business is secure, and able to cover the loss of profits, for the period the business is affected.

How can we help?

At Wayne Grayson & Associates, we believe an informed insurance decision is the right one. Whether you’re after business or personal insurance, our expert brokers will ensure your insurance is the right fit for you.

By having the right insurance policies in place, a business can avoid a major financial loss due to a lawsuit or catastrophic event. Check with your insurer to find out what types of insurance are advised for your type of business and put those plans in place as soon as possible.

Contact one of our Auckland-based insurance brokers for advice on the best solution to suit you or your organisation.

Back to Blog